Calling all cooks!
The Matakana Cookbook will be made up of recipes from the whole community and beautiful images showcasing the Matakana region. We are putting together a top quality, hardcover cookbook to give locals and visitors a lasting taste of what makes our region special. Funds raised from sales and sponsorship are going towards an ‘Outdoor Covered Learning and Play Area’ at Matakana School for student and community use. The book is being put together by a group of local mums, and we are seeking local residents’ favourite family recipes to fill its pages.
Please dig out your favourite recipes, and submit them here.
Some of the aims of our project are to:
- Bring the whole community together behind a lovely project we can all enjoy
- Showcase our beautiful part of the world with gorgeous shots of the local area and destination places to visit
- Share great fuss-free everyday recipes alongside signature dishes from our favourite local eateries
- Create a wonderful and useful keepsake for locals, and visitors to our area
- Raise funds for the Outdoor Covered Learning and Play Area for whole community use, providing
- All-weather area for protection from the hot sun in summer and rain at any time of year
- A resource for kids during school and for all of the community outside of school hours
- Artificial turf surface a little bigger than the size of a netball court
If your recipe is selected for inclusion in the cookbook, we’ll ask you to make it and bring it to our cookbook shoots, due to be held between May and September 2017.
You can also participate in our June 2017 community-wide competition to name the book.
The book itself will be published in 2018, and will be available to buy from school, at the market, at local eateries and retailers, and online.